Virtual Midwest Mini-Conference on Cochlear Implants (CRASH) and Mid-Atlantic Symposium on Hearing (MASH) Joint Meeting
October 16-17th, 2020
This joint conference will focus on hearing research related to cochlear implants and will be held virtually via zoom. The conference is organized by members of the Binaural Hearing and Speech Lab from UW-Madison and members of the Auditory Perception and Modeling Lab from University of Maryland. This is intended to be an informal 1.5-day meeting that brings together hearing and cochlear implant scientists to present CI- data, work in progress, or future directions.
The characteristics of the conference are:
- Informal discussions and opportunities for students and young scientists to interact with more senior colleagues.
- Few data slides and lots of questions asked (maybe not many answered).
- Focus on data that are “hot off the press” and “work in progress” – unpolished and ready for feedback.
- See some of the interesting things that may not make it into papers, posters, or other conference talks (possibly because the presenter has no idea what is going on).
- A welcome home for vocoder research.