Virtual Joint Meeting of the Midwest Mini-Conference on Cochlear Implants (CRASH) & Mid-Atlantic Symposium on Hearing (MASH)
October 15-16th, 2021
This joint conference will focus on hearing research related to cochlear implants and will be held virtually via zoom with a small in-person component at the UW Waisman Center. The conference is organized by members of the Binaural Hearing and Speech Lab from UW-Madison and members of the Auditory Perception and Modeling Lab from University of Maryland. This is intended to be an informal 1.5-day meeting that brings together hearing and cochlear implant scientists to present CI- data, work in progress, or future directions.
The characteristics of the conference are:
- Informal discussions and opportunities for students and young scientists to interact with more senior colleagues.
- Few data slides and lots of questions asked (maybe not many answered).
- Focus on data that are “hot off the press” and “work in progress” – unpolished and ready for feedback.
- See some of the interesting things that may not make it into papers, posters, or other conference talks (possibly because the presenter has no idea what is going on).
- A welcome home for vocoder research.
Please email Shelly Godar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Aug 31st to express your interest in giving a talk. We encourage presentations by young investigators, trainees, and graduate students.
Registration is FREE!
CI CRASH/MASH 2021 Registration: click here
We look forward to having you join us!