8th Annual Midwest Mini-Conference on Cochlear Implants
November 3-4, 2017
The CI CRASH: Cochlear-Implant Research and Stuff About Hearing
This conference focuses on hearing research related to cochlear implants. It will be held at the University of Wisconsin, Waisman Center, Madison, WI. The conference is hosted and organized by members of the Binaural Hearing and Speech Lab. This is intended as a small/informal 1.5-day meeting for those in the Midwest who are involved in CI research and related fields, and for those who would like to travel here for the event.
The characteristics of the conference are:
- Informal discussions and opportunities for students and young scientists to interact with more senior colleagues.
- Few data slides and lots of questions asked (maybe not many answered).
- Focus on data that are “hot off the press” and “work in progress” – unpolished and ready for feedback.
- See some of the interesting things that may not make it into papers, posters, or other conference talks (possibly because the presenter has no idea what is going on).
- A welcome home for vocoder research.
- The conference includes dinner on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday, and breakfast on Saturday.
Registration fees for 2017 are $25 for Student/Trainee and $85 for PI/Professional.
There will also be optional dinners on Thursday and Friday evening. The dinner on Thursday is to be decided. The dinner on Friday is held at the Waisman Center.
*NEW in 2017: Registration fees include Friday night dinner (as well as Friday breakfast & lunch and Saturday breakfast).
CI CRASH 2017 Schedule: click here
Parking and Schedule Summary: click here
There is a block of hotel rooms reserved at The Country Inn & Suites in Middleton, WI. The room rate is $89/night and can be reserved by calling 608-831-6970 or 800-456-4000 and using the group code: 1711CICRSH. *Please note: the hotel is not within walking distance of the UW Waisman Center.
Click here for maps and directions to the Waisman Center.
Register for the conference:
Please use the link below to (a) register for the conference and optional events, (b) indicate if you would like to give a talk during the meeting.