11th Annual Midwest Mini-Conference on Cochlear Implants
October 16-17th, 2020
The CI CRASH: Cochlear-Implant Research and Stuff About Hearing
This conference focuses on hearing research related to cochlear implants. It will be held at the University of Wisconsin, Waisman Center, Madison, WI. The conference is hosted and organized by members of the Binaural Hearing and Speech Lab. This is intended as a small/informal 1.5-day meeting for those in the Midwest who are involved in CI research and related fields, and for those who would like to travel here for the event.
The characteristics of the conference are:
- Informal discussions and opportunities for students and young scientists to interact with more senior colleagues.
- Few data slides and lots of questions asked (maybe not many answered).
- Focus on data that are “hot off the press” and “work in progress” – unpolished and ready for feedback.
- See some of the interesting things that may not make it into papers, posters, or other conference talks (possibly because the presenter has no idea what is going on).
- A welcome home for vocoder research.
- The conference includes dinner on Thursday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Friday, and breakfast on Saturday.