10th Annual Midwest Mini-Conference on Cochlear Implants
October 18-19, 2019
The CI CRASH: Cochlear-Implant Research and Stuff About Hearing
This conference focuses on hearing research related to cochlear implants. It will be held at the University of Wisconsin, Waisman Center, Madison, WI. The conference is hosted and organized by members of the Binaural Hearing and Speech Lab. This is intended as a small/informal 1.5-day meeting for those in the Midwest who are involved in CI research and related fields, and for those who would like to travel here for the event.
The characteristics of the conference are:
- Informal discussions and opportunities for students and young scientists to interact with more senior colleagues.
- Few data slides and lots of questions asked (maybe not many answered).
- Focus on data that are “hot off the press” and “work in progress” – unpolished and ready for feedback.
- See some of the interesting things that may not make it into papers, posters, or other conference talks (possibly because the presenter has no idea what is going on).
- A welcome home for vocoder research.
- The conference includes dinner on Thursday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Friday, and breakfast on Saturday.
Midwest CI Conference/CI CRASH 2019 Registration
Click here for maps and directions to the Waisman Center.
2019 Meeting Info
- Registration fees for 2019 are: $25 for Student/Trainee and $85 for PI/Professional. Fees will be paid after registration.
- Low cost registration fees help us cover meals and parking. Registration fees include Friday night dinner (as well as Friday breakfast & lunch and Saturday breakfast)
- We work hard to arrange “home hospitality” which might mean crashing on someone’s couch or floor…. just let us know if you need a place to crash.
- There is a block of hotel rooms reserved at The InnTowner Hotel, Madison, WI. Room rate is $159/night and can be reserved by calling 608-233-8778 and using the group code: 912-1
- Rooms may also be reserved online at https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.50082.html?groupId=5K6KV9J2
**PLEASE NOTE: the meeting hotel is within walking distance of UW Waisman Center and also offers a free shuttle between the hotel and UW Campus & downtown locations.